Thursday, May 23, 2019

IO Challenge- Feathered Friends


Greetings friends.  Today is for the birds...literally.  I hope you will play along and created your own feathered friend project.


Today's card is designed in a rather French Provincial style.  I wanted to make a thank you card for my friend that went to Paris and brought me back macarons.  Those are the kind of friends you need in your life!

The first step was to create my own background I used the Rooster Cover a Card stamp along with some Sepia Versa Fine ink.  The Rooster background is a great one if you like to create patterned paper with a country/rustic look. It is hard to see the whole image on my card, so here is a picture of what the stamp looks like:

For the central part of the card, I used a French Script in the same Sepia ink as the background.  The French lettering is a perfect design to have if you do a lot of collage work.  I sponged some Tea Dye Distress Oxide ink around the lettering and then let all the ink dry really well.  As a final step, I added my Rooster and embossed him with black embossing powder.


Impression Obsession Items Used:
Rooster Cover a Card CC146
La Chantecler (French script) H23031
Rooster 1  E23030


3 comments:

TLady said...

I LOOOVE CHICKENS & yours is PERFECT!!! LOVE ALL of the chicken fun you've added to your card, Laura! LOVE the French touch too! ;)<3

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful card and I love the majestic rooster silhouette.

Diane said...

Fabulous card and I think I might have that background stamp (isn't it terrible when you can't remember what you do have...geez)!