Thursday, January 18, 2018

IO Challenge- Adore You (Valentine)


Greetings friends.  I don't know about you, but I am envious of everyone attending Creativision 2018.  I know there will be so many new stamping products and ideas.  The Impression Obsession Design team will be showing you lots of new products next week, but I am going ahead and show you one of the new products that Impression Obsession is releasing at Creativision this weekend.  It is one of Lindsay Ostrom's new designs (Meadow Whisper E19720).  Her flowers are so much fun to color!

Whenever I make a card for Impression Obsession, I try to use their background stamps instead of patterned paper.  After all, they have such wonderful Cover a Card designs that it would be a shame not to use them.  For today's card, I used the Zebra Cover a Card.  It is embossed in black on white cardstock.  I really liked the glossy finished look, even though it is hard to see it in the picture.  It also made me laugh because my last Valentine used a giraffe background and this time I used a zebra background.  I must be going through my wild animal phase.  Here is a close up:


To color the flowers, I used Zig Clean Color Brush markers and a waterbrush.  As a finishing touch, I spelled out "I adore you" using words from the Valentine Brush Letters clear stamp set and popped up the pink panel onto the card using some foam tape.

Need more Valentine ideas?  Don't forget to check out the other designers:

1 comment:

carole said...

Great job! Your coloring is awesome and I love that zebra background stamp. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Carole Lovill