Thursday, February 21, 2013

IO Challenge- Hobbies

Today's challenge is all about hobbies. I thought I would make a card highlighting my current hobby....knitting. So far, I have only managed to knit scarves, so I thought using an image of a snowman wearing a scarf would be perfect.  I am getting ready to try knitting a hat, so then I could use a snowman wearing a scarf AND a hat. 

To make the card, I used the Cover a Card Knit background (CC138).  I meant to have the knit pattern with the "v" facing down, but I didn't notice till posting that I glued it upside down from what I wanted.  I then combined the knit with a saying/snowflake from the Winter Seals clear set (CL105) and the Crafty Snowman (F8772).

For the background, I covered a non-stick craft sheet with Distress Stains and then spritzed it with Frost Shimmer Spritz before picking up the color with a piece of white cardstock.  The Shimmer Spritz gave the background a metallic sheen:

I colored my image with Copic markers and finished the card with white Flower Soft under the snowman.

For those of you in the DC area who are interested in kitting and/or crochet, I took a great lace knitting class from Fibre Space in Alexandria.  We learned how to make this scarf. It is a great shop, and I always enjoy going to Old Town.

Curious about the other Impression Obsession design team hobbies?  Check out what Daniela, Dina, Jeanne, Jenny, Julie, Kittie, and Vicki created. Want to play along? You can find all the information here, and you could even win a $25 IO gift certificate!


 

1 comment:

Craftyfield said...

I must say I didn't notice the knitting was upside down ! Love the knit pattern and the color scheme so suited to a winter card.