Thursday, August 2, 2012

It's A Man's World Challenge

Today the IO team is creating "manly" cards. Everyone has a different approach to masculine cards, but for me, I try to keep clean lines and keep it simple. I also tend not to use much in the way of embellishments.

For my card today, I used the Sail Collage (H13022) as well as the Cover a Card Rolling Waves (CC123). I stamped both using Versafine Majestic Blue ink and then colored the scene with chalks. Usually I don't use cards for masculine cards because of the "soft" look. However, I thought it worked just fine for this card. Perhaps the dark colors and harsh lines needed a little softness.

 Want more masculine card inspiration?  Check out what Daniela, Dina, Jeanne, Jenny, Julie, and Vicki created. Want to play along? You can find all the information here, and you could even win a $25 IO gift certificate!

 

8 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Love the simplicity of the layout and the monochromatic color scheme. Definitely masculine !

Anonymous said...

What is cover and roll on a card. mlvschreiber@starpoint.net

Paula Huiras said...

Good masculine card. Love the navy color and the background you used too.
PH

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Great 'manly' card ! The blue & white look great together. I love this image, I have this stamp waiting for me at a store. I'm looking forward to trying it out :)

creativearts said...

This ship stamp is definitely going on my wish list! Gorgeous card! Love the coloring of the ship.

Katie said...

Great blue masculine card! Love both of these stamps. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Print VIP cards said...

This is so creative card. So inspirational design. In how much time this can be design?

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous monochromatic card! Love the background you chose for this image!