Sunday, June 13, 2010

Watercolor Vellum

Today I am posting a card that I made for one of the Splitcoast VSN challenges. The challenge was to color a stamp with water-based markers, spritz it with water, and stamp it onto vellum. I had done this technique before, but never on vellum. I was quite surprised at how well it worked! The one thing I changed from the challenge instructions was that I added Perfect Pearls to my water so that I misted the stamp with pearlized water. It gave my finished card a metallic sheen. The background stamp and flower are both by Impression Obsession, and the clear rhinestones are by Hero Arts.

On an unrelated note, I had the chance to go to the Wine Enthusiast Taste of the Town on Friday. It was held at the National Building Museum in DC. Who knew there was a National Building Museum?! In any case, it is gorgeous. Here is a picture from the event:

The surprise of the night? My friend Chrisi and I loved the pear/Parmesan cheese gelato from Penny Chocolates in Fairfax. Yes, that is right. Parmesan in gelato.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Watercolor gave it a soft, sophisticated effect. Q

Shirley said...

Very elegant card to go with an elegant building. TFS Laura!!