Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Diver

I made this card for my brother's birthday because he has recently taken up deep sea diving. I am so proud of how well he has been doing with his new hobby. Of course, I knew he would be really good at it since he has always been very comfortable in the water and has always preferred swimming under the water to swimming on the surface.

I don't own any diving stamps, so I knew the person to ask was my friend Marilynn. She has an extensive and eclectic assortment of images that would make any stamper envious. Because she has been stamping for so long (I think she started in the 80's), she has stamps from companies I have never heard of. The diver on this card is by "Love you to Bits." Has anyone heard of that company? The coral is by Fred Mullett, and I couldn't figure out who makes the fish.

To make the card, I stamped the images onto acetate using black Staz on ink. I colored the images on the opposite side of the acetate with copic markers then covered the marker work with a white paint pen so that the colors would show up better on the acetate. I then layered the acetate onto blue paper to look like the ocean.

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

That's a great card Laura. I love the 3-D effect that it seems to have from the acetate. Your bro will love it.