Monday, July 6, 2009

O Happy Day

Did you know that Dave Brethauer, owner of Memory Box, started a new stamp company? It is called Poppystamps, and has whimsical animal and people images. I started my collection with "Petunia Petals." Isn't she sweet? For some reason, she just spoke to me.

To make the card, I stamped my image onto some of the new Lemonade Basic Grey paper and colored her with Prismacolor pencils. I then added a saying from Memory Box and layered everything onto more Basic Grey patterned paper and Memory Box cardstock.

Here is a close-up of the coloring:


If you would like to check out more of the Poppystamps collection, you can click on the blinkie below:



In other news, the Impression Obsession and Shimmerz design teams are teaming up for a fun week of stamping and shimmer. Each day there will be new samples (some of them are sneak peeks of the HUGE Impression Obsession Fall/Winter release) that will inspire you to incorporate Shimmerz paints into your work. Shirley will post the IO information each day on the IO blog and you can also follow the Shimmerz blog to see what they are creating. I can't wait! I have been playing with Shimmerz a lot lately, and they are wonderful! I will be posting my card on Friday, so be sure to check back then!

3 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

OH!!! She is Soooo CUTE!!! I think i need to get a Poppy stamp!!!
Love your Card Laura...

GiftsByHeidi said...

I love those little stamps. Unfortunately I didnt make it to the store over the weekend. Hopefully this coming weekend I'll make it out there!! Your coloring is awesome too!

Diana said...

Oh, this is so darling. Great work!