Sunday, February 3, 2008

Valentini

At the risk of posting two "drinking" cards in a row, I decided to share another card from my first Virtual Stamp Night. The challenge was to create a card with an unusual closure. For this card, I punched out two hearts and mounted them so that they were perched on foam tape with one heart holding down some brown cording. I then wrapped the cording around the hearts like a mail enclosure.

In the first photo, you can see that the "Valentini" by Impresion Obsession was stamped onto white cardstock using black Adirondack ink. I then colored the image with Copic markers and cut around the martini. I finished the martini by cutting it out and gluing it onto some red patterned paper from Memory Box. I also added a little Diamond Glaze so that the glass looks shiny. If you do this to a card, give it a LOT of time to dry!


The second photo shows what the card looks like as it is opening. You can tell from this photo that I didn't use a typical card layout. Instead, I cut the patterned paper and scored it along the left hand side. I only glued the thin scored part to the underlaying card. That created a front flap for the card. I attached a heart to either side of the red patterned paper and then closed the card with the brown cord.

The final picture shows the inside of the card. The saying is also by Impression Obsession and was stamped with VersaFine Crimson Red. I just love that color. I promise my next card posting will not have any alcoholic drinks on it! Well, maybe...

No comments: