Thursday, July 12, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Christmas? Humm...it is over 90 degrees and humid. What else would I be working on besides Christmas cards?
I am close to finishing up making cards for the latest Impression Obsession deadline and have been playing around with some of their new Christmas stamps. I am trying to combine my projects so that I can make IO some samples while at the same time design some classes for fall and winter. I have never been so far ahead of schedule!
For the card I am featuring today, I stamped a large swirly background onto the front of the card using Versamark ink. My crafting friends know that I am "X-Acto blade challenged." Nevertheless, I managed to cut out a window in my card and place some acetate in the open area. I stamped the tree flourish onto the acetate using green Staz On ink and colored the back of the image with Souffle pens. I am including a scanned picture of the front to show the card details and a photo of the card to show that you can see through the window in the card. The background stamp and saying are available now at IO and the tree flourish will be available July 23rd. Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love this card! Heidi

Penny said...

This is beautiful on the acetate Laura. Love the technique!

Anonymous said...

What kind of pens did you use?

Deedster