Thursday, August 6, 2020

Impression Obsession Challenge- Summer Fun!


Greetings friends.  Today is all about having a little Summer fun.  Have you made any summer themed cards this year?  If not, here is your chance!  To read all about the challenge and to learn how to submit your own card, visit the Impression Obsession blog here

I am a huge baseball fan, so I knew I wanted to make a baseball themed card.  I don't know that baseball should be playing this year, but I long for past summers of going to Nats Park and watching the Nationals play.

I started with the Buffalo Cover a Card background and stamped it ink.  The plaid reminded me of the neatly mowed lawns of a ballpark.  I plan to use this background to make masculine cards as well a holiday cards. 

I cut out a shape for the center that looked like an infield that worked as a backdrop for my sentiment and the baseball.  As a finishing touch, I popped up the baseball with foam tape.

Impression Obsession Items Used:
Ball A12227


On a separate note, I wanted to point out that one of my favorite categories for stamping is currently on sale at Impression Obsession.  You can see all the items by clicking on the photo below. 

Here is one of the cards I recently made using a new coffee die and sentiment.  They are both included in the sale:
Items used:
Coffee to Go die DIE1010-P

1 comment:

Chrisi said...

Love the baseball card! Makes things feel "more normal" - your coffee card has a beautiful background. LOVE IT.