Thursday, February 20, 2020

IO challenge- Tag You're It!


Greetings friends.  Today is all about tags...either alone or on a card.  Luckily, Impression Obsession has lots of new tag dies that makes everything so much simpler.

If you would like to learn more about the challenge as well as see a list of participating designers, you can read all about it over on the Impression Obsession blog.


I don't know about you, but I absolutely love a pun.  I knew that I had to pair my cute snail image with the corresponding sentiment.  It makes me smile.

To make the card, I first made my background.  I had some left over ink on my Dancing Leaves Cover a Card background, so I spritzed it and stamped it on some 140lb watercolor paper.  I kept repeating the process on different pieces of paper so that I had lots of backgrounds.  Each time I spritzed the paper and stamped it, the image got fainter and more indistinct.  The piece I used on my card is one of the last pieces I made.

For my tag, I cut out some 140lb watercolor paper using the new Stitched Tag die.  I then stamped it with the Fairy Snail in Versafine ink and colored it with Zig Clean Color real brush markers.  I added my Snailed It sentiment, popped up the tag with some foam tape and added a twine bow.


Impression Obsession Items Used:
Dancing Leaves Cover a Card CC294
Stitched Tag DIE937-S
Fairy Snail D12166
Snailed It C21284

2 comments:

StampinwithAnita said...

Very beautiful background. Interesting how you created it! I love a good snail card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute tag with that design and it rests beautifully on your background.