Thursday, February 21, 2019

IO Challenge- Flowers for Friends


Greetings friends. The theme this time combines two wonderful things...friends and flowers.  I'm not going to lie, I have had a really rough start to the year, and I am eternally grateful to my friends and all of the support I have received.  It is not a bad idea to make some cards for them to let them know.  Of course, it doesn't hurt to use my favorite flower....the peony.


For today's card, I did one of my favorite techniques which is to stamp on kraft cardstock with black ink, coloring the image with colored pencils (which show up beautifully on kraft) and then restamping the image with black ink to put the lines back in.

Here are the two steps:

Here you can see my peony in the MISTI stamp positioner.  I had stamped it in black and then colored it with the pencils.  Notice how light the lines got after I had colored everything.  It is really nice not having to worry about the lines though!


Because I had used a stamp positioner, I could then put the paper back in my MISTI and stamp the lines back on the my flower.

To finish the card, I edged it with Tea Dye Distress Oxide ink and added my sentiment.

Impression Obsession Items Used:
Peony L16428
So Very Loved B13775

Don't forget to visit the Impression Obsession blog to learn more about the challenge and to see the list of participating designers.



3 comments:

CarinNeff said...

Beautiful and what a great tip - to stamp, color and then stamp again. It turned out amazingly

lynda said...

So very lovely, Laura! I love that technique also.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Delicate looking card!