Thursday, July 5, 2018

IO Challenge- Happy Colors

Greetings friends.  I really think you will all enjoy the IO Challenge today.  It is all about using colors that we consider "happy."  For me, that means bright colors.  I have to use turquoise since that is my favorite color and makes me happy.   I also chose to use hot pink and yellows.  It doesn't hurt to pair the happy colors with some happy flowers to really drive home the point.

To make the card, I started with a flower scene called Sierra Sunset and stamped it with black Versafine ink onto 140lb watercolor paper.  I then colored the flowers with some Zig Clean Color markers and a waterbrush.

To make the background, of course I had to choose a Cover a Card design.  I selected the Greenery CAC, which is a good generic design to use for all the seasons...it even looks good on Christmas Cards.  I stamped the greenery using Versafine Deep Lagoon ink.

As a finishing touch, I added a sentiment from the Flower Greetings clear stamp set.  Here is a closeup of the card:



Items Used:
Impression Obsession Stamps-
Sierra Sunset E19721
Greenery CC018
Flower Greetings CL830

Inks:
Versafine Onyx Black
Versafine Deep Lagoon (I couldn't find this online.  I'm not sure they still make it)
Possible Substitution- Versafine Clair Warm Breeze

Other Materials:
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers

Don't forget to visit the other designers for inspiration!

2 comments:

Giovana said...

Wonderful!! Lovely card!

World of Animals, Inc said...

I love the colors that you used in this card, so vibrant and lively for this time of year. Thanks for the share. Hope you have a nice rest of your week.
World of Animals