Thursday, July 26, 2018

IO Challenge- Christmas in July


Greetings friends.  Today's challenge is all about finding inspiration for holiday cards while you aren't in a holiday rush to get everything else done.  I still talk about the one year I had my Christmas cards done over the Summer.  I was so happy!  Every other year I have pretty much procrastinated till the last minute.

Because it is still Summer, I decided I wanted to challenge myself and use warm Summer colors instead of cool Winter ones.  I rather liked the effect.  They are not colors I usually choose for Christmas, so it was fun to change things up a bit.  For the main part of my card, I stamped one of the new reindeer images onto 140lb watercolor paper with black Versafine ink and colored everything with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a waterbrush.  Remember to let each section that you color dry completely before you more on to the next.  If you don't, all the colors will run in to each other.

For my background, I used two Cover a Card Backgrounds.  The first one is one I usually choose for Summer cards called Sand.  I stamped it in Impression Obsession Banana ink onto white cardstock.  I covered it with a second background image called Lattice, which was stamped in Impression Obsession Goldenrod ink.  Here is a closeup so that you can see the sand pattern better:


I love the mottled look it gives underneath the Lattice pattern.

Impression Obsession Items Used:
Sending Cheer B13678
Big Buck (Reindeer) C19884
Sand Cover a Card CC216
Lattice Cover a Card CC202
Banana Ink
Goldenrod Ink

Other Materials:
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers

Need more Christmas inspiration?  Be sure to visit the other designers:

3 comments:

Pam said...

I do like the changing up of the colors. Thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

Cute reindeer! Love the use of yellow!

Geri S said...

Cute card, love how you used the background!