Thursday, June 21, 2018

Impression Obsession Sale!

https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=1176319&u=1809425&m=79613&urllink=www%2Eiostamps%2Ecom%2F&afftrack=

Greetings friends!  You usually don't hear from me twice in a day, but IO announced a flash sale this afternoon, and I wanted to pass along the info.  Remember, if you want any of the rubber stamps, they are available in woodmount or cling.

Visit the sale here- Impression Obsession

Since I am posting anyway, I thought I should share another card idea:
                 

I probably didn't color this bird with "correct" colors, but as with all my birds, I use the colors I am feeling at the moment.

To make the card, I stamped a bird on a branch and two leaves from the Baby Bird Clear Set onto 140lb watercolor paper.  The bird was stamped with black Versafine ink and the leaves with Impression Obsession Shamrock ink.

Next, I colored my bird with an assortment of Zig Clean Color brush markers and softened the color with a waterbrush.  Once the bird was completely dry, I traced around the bird with a light blue Zig lean Color brush marker and softened it with a waterbrush till it faded to white.  It is really important to let the bird dry first so that the the coloring of the bird doesn't bleed into the sky.

As a final step, I added a background I had stamped with the Impression Obsession Houndstooth Cover a Card background.  I stamped the background a long time ago to have on hand, and unfortunately, I don't remember what color of ink I used.  It was probably Colorbox Chalk Azurite. I also added a sentiment from the Flower Greetings clear set.

Here is a close up of the coloring:



Items Used on Card:
Impression Obsession Baby Bird Clear Set
Impression Obsession Houndstooth Cover a Card
Impression Obsession Shamrock Ink
Impression Obsession Flower Greetings Clear Set
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers

No comments: