Thursday, August 10, 2017

IO Color Challenge- Orange and Turquoise


Greetings friends.  I really enjoy a color challenge, and I have to admit that I don't think I often put orange and turquoise together.  I do like how much the two colors pop when placed together.

For my card, I used the new Succulent Pumpkin and colored it with an assortment of Zig Clean Color Brush markers and a waterbrush.  Once it was dry, I added a turquoise "halo" around the pumpkin and softened it with a waterbrush till the color faded to white.  I added a bit of brown Zig marker under the pumpkin to ground it and then added a sentiment from the Holiday Words cling set. 

Want to see how the other designers interpreted the color challenge?  Stop by their various blogs to see.

4 comments:

A. Rose said...

Thank you for the wonderful inspiration for a new card for Thanksgiving...I'm starting those cards today! Lovely card!

Ann Wong said...

Pretty color combination.

Aimee Phillips said...

Beautiful Thanksgiving Card!!!!.

Helen Gullett said...

Such a beautiful thanksgiving card! Love that succulent with pumpkin planter.