Thursday, June 15, 2017

IO Challenge- Stars/Patriotic


Can you believe that July 4th is right around the corner?  I know that isn't a patriotic holiday for all around the world, but the American in me tends to break out a little red, white, and blue this time of year.

For my card, I first created a background with the Painted Stripes Cover a Card design using Cherry ink from Impression Obsession.  I thought the painted lines looked more like folk art/ old Americana. 

For the patriotic part of the card, I used various designs from the new Red, White, and Blue clear set.  I liked that it had banners, ribbons, stars, and sayings.  To color the images, I used a red and blue prismacolor pencilis and left the white areas blank to let the paper do my coloring.

Want more star/patriotic inspiration?  Don't forget to visit the other designers!

2 comments:

Diane17Lynne said...

I like the background stripe you used on this card. Gotta love the Red, White, and Blue and that banner stamp is my favorite.

Helen said...

Like the red striped background layer as a setting for you more developed design. They go together so well. Thanks for sharing.