Thursday, May 18, 2017

IO Challenge- Animal Friends


Greetings friends.  I've come an important conclusion and that is the world just needs more dogs with funny hats.  I don't know about you, but it just makes me happy.

For today's card, I used one of Lindsay Ostrom's new images called Bluebelle.  She has a whole assortment of cats and dogs with floral hats and all of them are good for a smile.  I thought her fun, quirky designs also paired well with a lot of sayings in the Blue Footed Booby clear set.  It was hard to choose, but I finally selected the "weird" saying for this particular card.     Here is a close up of the card so that you can see the background that I stamped as well as the coloring with some Zig Clean Color Brush Markers:

Yesterday I posted a card where I stamped the image with black ink from Impression Obsession and then colored it with Copic markers.  Today I used the same black ink and colored the image with watercolors.  It was really nice that the ink worked with both mediums.

For the background, I paired three different backgrounds with three of the new colors of ink.  It was my intention to stamp the backgrounds with one of the ink trios that would provide a light, medium, and dark shade to the pattern.  My intention was to use Mist, Slate, and Black together.  However, I accidentally grabbed Slate, Taupe, and Black.  I really liked the end result and it was a good reminder that even though the new inks are designed in groups of three that work well together, you do not have to stick to those parameters.  Try lots of different combinations and see what you end up with.

For the patterned background that I created, I started with the Distressed Denim background in the lightest color, added the Scribble Checkerboard background in medium ink, and finished with the Flourishes background in black ink.

Don't forget to visit the other designers for more inspiration!

10 comments:

Kris Turner said...

Love this card! Perfect pairing of sentiment and image. TFS

TLady said...

A TRULY CREATIVE CARD! From the background to the sweet dog! ;) LOVELY WATER COLORING! PERFECT! ;)

Anonymous said...

The creativity you have for the background is amazing! Very, very clever!! Love it!

Kathy Krug said...

Fun stamp and card.

bbaxterj@frontiernet.net said...

Great card! I love the stamped background and the dog is bellisimo! How adorable she looks with her flowered headpiece!

Tam said...

Super cute and I love the sentiment. That suits me to a tee. The weird part anyway. LOL

Ingrid_B said...

Hahaha, love it!

K.E. said...

Luv the dog with the flowers, great colors!

Sandra said...

Sweet

AJ Bodine said...

Such a cute image, love your card!