Thursday, January 5, 2017

Shiny New Year- Shiny Cards Challenge


Greetings everyone.  Today's challenge is all about shiny cards.  I love a little bit of sparkle and shine, so this challenge was up my alley.  Of course, it is rather hard to photograph sparkle and shine, so I hope the close up pictures will give you a better idea:


For my card, I tried to make it generic enough that it could be used as a wedding or an anniversary card.  I started with the Random Lines Cover a card and stamped it onto a cream notecard with Versamark ink.  I then sponged over all of the ink with Light Gold Pan Pastel chalk.  The chalk stuck to the background to give it a nice gold shimmer, but the chalk did not stick to the notecard itself.  To bring out the shimmer even more, I added some gold metallic paper for my layer as well as the rings.  As a finishing touch, I added some rhinestones to one of the rings and added the Made for Each Other sentiment.

Here is another close up of the gold shine in the card:


Need more shiny inspiration?  Don't forget to visit the other designers:

1 comment:

sharon said...

One striking card. I like the stripes and the font is lovely.