Welcome to the CardMaker/Impression Obsession Blog Hop. There are so many great ideas by the two design teams to share with you today. Be sure to visit both the CardMaker blog and Impression Obsession blog for full details of the hop as well as a complete hop list..
Impression Obsession will be also be hosting a giveaway of a $25 gift certificate to their shop.
All the details about the prize can be found on the Impression Obsession blog. Good luck!
Greetings everyone! My name is Laura Fulcher and you should be joining me from Kelly Gettelfinger's blog.
For my card today, I wanted to share a background I created with Impression Obsession Cover a Card stamps as well as one of their new Christmas images.
First, I started with the Metal Cover a Card background and stamped it onto a blue notecard with Colorbox Chalk Azurite ink:
Next, I stamped on top of that background with the Snowflakes Cover a Card background using Versafine Magestic Blue ink:
I thought the two backgrounds combined looked a bit like snowflakes with fractals.
Next on the agenda was the car with tree on the roof (called To Grandmother's House).. I colored the whole thing with Zig Clean Color Brush markers and a waterbrush. Here is a bit more detail:
· Stamp car onto 140lb watercolor paper with black archival ink.
· Allow ink to dry
· Color a line of brown under the car and blend with a waterbrush
· Color the top and sides of the card windows lightly with blue marker and blend with waterbrush
· Color the tree sections with a line of green and a line of light green marker. Blend with waterbrush
· Color the car with a line of red marker at the top (area under the windows)
· Color a line of pink underneath the red and blend some with the pink marker
· Blend side of the car with waterbrush
· Color the tires grey (no blending)
· Add accents with light grey marker
I finished the card by adding the Warm and Cheery sentiment.
I hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to visit the next person on the hop list: