Thursday, December 1, 2016

IO Challenge-Quick Holiday Cards


I don't know about you, but December came up on me fast.  I know that I will blink a couple of times and Christmas will be here.  Quick and easy Christmas cards can be such a blessing.  Sometimes I get so caught up in layers, die cuts, coloring and bling that each card can take me 30 minutes (at least).  If you are making lots of Christmas cards, that is not going to work!

For my quick and easy Christmas card, I went back to the basics.  When was the last time you just embossed a stamped image and called it a day?  For this card, I stamped the snowflake image and saying with versamark and embossed them in gold powder.  I used some cream metallic paper for the card base and the top layer to give it a little bit more elegance and added some gold mirror paper in the  middle to really amp up the shimmer of the gold embossing powder.  Here is a close up to show the metallic elements a bit better:





 Need more quick card ideas for the holidays?  Don't forget to visit the other designers:


3 comments:

Lorri Vallese said...

This is such a great card, so simple and elegant. Love it.

lynda said...

There is something about gold embossing on cream metallic card stock. It's so very elegant, and the understated beauty of the snowflakes and verse really make for a beautiful card! And I love that it's so easily duplicated!

SherylH said...

Quick, simple and so elegant with the gold embossing. Love it!