Thursday, January 2, 2014

IO Challenge- Blues

Hello everyone.  I hope you all had a very happy start to the new year.  Today will be the first Impression Obsession challenge of the year, and it is all about the color blue.

For my card, I decided to make a chalky background, so I covered a piece of white cardstock with turquoise PanPastel, stamped my Medium Snowflake background (E6266) repeatedly with Versamark ink, then sponged ultramarine PanPastel onto the snowflakes.  I could have started with a light blue piece of paper and stamped the snowflakes in a dark blue, but the chalk gives a softer mottled look that I wanted.

Next, I took a scrap of my chalky paper and stamped the Mitten Border Large (D8797) in Memento Luxe Danube Blue ink and added the saying with the same blue ink (Let it Snow C 13164).  I glued everything down as a pocket and added a teabag.  Normally I wouldn't add an unwrapped teabag, but the wrapper didn't match the blue color palette, so it had to go.  :)\
 
Need more blue  inspiration? Check out what the other designers have created:

Laura Fulcher (you are here)

Want to play along? You can find all the information here, and you could even win a $25 IO gift certificate!


5 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Beautiful card! Love the background you created! Someday I will try PanPastels.

Pattie J. said...

cold and blue, have a cuppa an keep warm. nice idea for the pocket treat.

Beth Norman said...

What a nice card. It's been ages since I saw a card with a tea bag inserted, and I love it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Gail said...

This is super Laura - great cup a tea for any cold day - especially here in Michigan - we have a ton of snow!

Diane said...

Cute and clever card!!