Thursday, November 7, 2013

Chalkboard Christmas


Today's IO challenge is all about holiday cards and tags. I have been making a lot of chalkobard cards lately, so I was really excited when I saw the Joy to the World stamp (F13156). The layout and assortment of fonts really lends itself to faux chalkboard stamping. To complete the look, I added the Elegant Flourish 2 (A8688).

To make the card I stamped the saying and flourish onto black cardstock with Versamark ink and embossed everything with white embossing powder. To "smudge" the edges, I added some white pigment ink to the card with a sponge.

Need more holiday inspiration? Visit the other IO designer blogs:
Daniela Dobson
Dina Kowal
Ellen Taylor
Jeanne Streiff
Kittie Caracciolo
Laura Fulcher (you are here)
Vicki Garrett
Want to play along? You can find all the information here, and you could even win a $25 IO gift certificate!


4 comments:

Pattie J. said...

clean an simple. love the idea. Says it well....thanks for sharing.

Kalani Allred said...

Hi Laura - I love this card! I too am seriously loving chalkboard art these days, and will be using this technique for my Christmas cards this year as well. I wanted to mention that after the stamping/embossing I use actual chalk to create the shading/chalkboard look on my black paper, rubbing it over the surface then wiping/smudging with a paper towel or sponge. I love the effect! Just thought I'd mention it. Hope you enjoy your holidays! -Kalani Allred

Rachel B. said...

Beautiful card!

Greta said...

Beautiful card!