Welcome to the Impression Obsession Die Blog Hop! I hope you are inspired by all the new samples and dies.
For my card, I used the new hydrangea stamp set and paired it with the coordinating hydrangea die sets. It is definitely going to be a Spring favorite of mine!
Obsession Chicken Wire Cover a Card CC155
Impression Obsession Hydrangea Set CL463
Colorbox Chalk Azurite
Colorbox Chalk French Blue
Colorbox Chalk Pink Pastel
Colorbox Chalk Blue Iris
Impression Obsession Hydrangea Set DIE044-Y
- Cut out oval from white cardstock
- Stamp saying onto oval with Blue Iris ink
- Stamp chicken wire background onto blue cardstock strip using Azurite ink
- Cut out hydrangea flower using white cardstock
- Ink hydrangea stamp with Pink Pastel and French Blue ink then blend the colors with a sponge finger dauber
- Stamp hydrangea image onto white hydrangea diecut piece
- Sponge the same blue and pink inks onto white cardstock and cut out extra hydrangea petals with petal dies
- Glue extra flowers onto hydrangea base. Hint..just glue the centers of the flowers to the base so that the actual petals will pop off from the card.
- Cut out hydrangea stem with brown cardstock
- Cut out leaves using green cardstock
- Emboss leaves with diecut machine and rubber mat
- Layer the pieces of the card.
Here is a close up of the hydrangea petals:
Don't forget to check out the other blogs for inspiration. You have the chance to win an amazing prize each day....your choice of three of the new IO dies! The rules of the contest are listed below.
- IO Blog
- Daniela Dobson
- Dina Kowal
- Jeanne Streiff
- Jenny Gropp
- Julie Koerber
- Kittie Caracciolo
- Laura Fulcher(you are here)
- Vicki Garrett
- The hop will run from March 19th-March 21st
- Comment on each participating blog, including this one, for that day.
- The deadline for comments for each day will be 10 p.m. EST.
- There will be a drawing on each day for three dies of the winner's choice.
- The winner for each day will be announced in the next day's Impression Obsession blog post.