Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Impression Obsession Winter Blog Hop- Day 3


Whenever I make a predominantly purple card, it always makes me think of my mom. She sure does love her purple!

For today's card, I used the Garden Pots (E8935) and filled them with the Petit Tussie Mussie (C8866). I didn't want to deal with masking, so I stamped the flowers apart from each other. I then colored all of the images with watercolor pencils and a blender pen. For the background, I used the Beauty Text Cover a Card (CC142). It is a really nice, practical background stamp to have. I colored the background text with Distress Inks and sprayed the whole thing with gold Shimmer Spritz (you just can't see it in the photo).


Here is a little information about the winter blog hop:


CHA Winter Blog Hop
  • Starting next Monday, January 7 and through Friday, January 11, we will have our CHA Sneak Peek Week with designs by our IO DT Only.
  • The rest of our NEW SPRING CATALOG images will be previewed for you by the DT and they will also be available to you in our online store!!!
  • We will have a $25 Gift Certificate drawing every day (for those people commenting on all DT participating blogs, starting with the IO blog.
  • There will be an additional drawing on Friday for those people who participated every day of the hop.

Here are today's participants:
Dina 
Laura(me)

Don't forget that you can find Impression Obsession on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook!




49 comments:

Deb Fagnant said...

This stamp set would be so awesome for Girlfriend cards. thanks for sharing your creation

csparky61 said...

Seeing this made me smile and think about Spring! Can it really be that far away? Thanks for sharing, it is lovely.

mariko said...

So pretty and "Springy"! Makes me want to start planting! What a pretty image!

Scrappycath said...

Oh this card gives me hope of the coming Spring! I love the purples!!

slbt17 said...

very pretty - love the water color look!
Sandra ltb

Paula Huiras said...

Love these images and very pretty card. I like how you created it.
PH

stampqueen said...

Very pretty - and I love the purple too :)

scrapperdiane said...

Great card,love the purple.

Donna Ellis said...

A delightful card, Laura! I like the idea of not needing the mask by keeping the flowers separated. The CAC Beauty Text has just gone on my shopping list for Stampfest next month! It looks amazing!

Janet L. said...

Cute, cute stamp and card! I like the coloring, the layering, and the background of print (never thought to do that!)!

Diane said...

Very pretty...I am a gardener, so love this image!!

Craftyfield said...

Great card, love the soft colors you used.

Paula said...

loving those pots of flowers, so pretty.

Cherylynn said...

What a true classic card! I'm going now to dig out my watercolor pencils!

sheila said...

love all the purple! this card is lovely! great image!

Susan said...

This pair of stamps is awesome! So many uses! Beautiful coloring and paper choices. Love it!
Thanks so much,
Sue Brailey

lisa808 said...

Darling image.

Patti J said...

My mom loved purple too. Maybe that's where I get it? lol....Beautiful card, Laura! Thanks for sharing :)

Denise Bryant said...

Love the beautiful, soft coloring! Very pretty card!
DeniseB

Judycs said...

Deceptively simple and so pretty,
I need this one.
Thanks for sharing.

Shona said...

Very sweet ! Love the purple !

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

so beautiful! Helena x

Penny said...

Very pretty and delicate Laura!


Penny

The Hardy Stamper said...

A lovely colourscheme for a nice spring card.

Lisa J said...

Lovely springtime card.

Beverlee said...

Pretty card thank you for your share.

Rachel B. said...

Very pretty!

jkreucher said...

Love these awesome colors! this is a breath of spring in the middle of winter!
hugs
Judy

Pattie J. said...

A nice homey country feel, fits right in the window. love your color choice too....thanks for sharing.

Katie said...

Really pretty card! Love the purple and your coloring! I will have to have this beauty text! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Chrisi said...

Love the shading.

McStamper said...

Just adore your card. Perfect.

Karenladd said...

sweet and pretty and so spring-like!

Connie Pruitt said...

Great stamp and a great card!

Amy McCue said...

Another cover-a-card that I want to own!

Debi said...

Very pretty card. This is another nice image.

Sue D said...

Very sweet purple card!

Mary Ann said...

Super pretty card,love the stamp...

Maureen Reiss said...

Really pretty card!! Your coloring is awesome!

SusanH said...

I love that stamp - your card is so pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Greta said...

Beautiful card!

Loly Borda said...

So pretty! I see many uses for that stamp. TFS

Mary said...

This card reminds me of spring!

Jo4Him said...

Gorgeous card; love the details, especially the purple (LOL). These are great images. Thanks for sharing

Miriam Prantner said...

What a pretty card and a sweet image!

April said...

Pretty card! Love the image!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Nelda in TN

Christine Kiehl said...

I thank you for sharing the Beauty Text Cover a card stamp? I like that too! And...Purple is my favorite color as well!!! WHoo hoo

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

Purple....my fav. Great card.