Wednesday, December 1, 2010

IO Challenge- New Year's Resolutions

Sorry I have been MIA. Lots to do with work, the holiday, and prepping for Christmas! I definitely wanted to play around with the latest IO Challenge though which was to make a card featuring a New Year resolution.

For me, my resolutions center around walking more and eating better. I made this card because I want to be sure to drink more water and green tea each day. I love the Teacup (D2160) image, but I am just going to pretend that it doesn't have a yummy truffle on the side.

To make the card, I stamped the Cover a Card Flourishes (CC027) onto cream paper using Versamark ink and embossed it with clear powder. I then sponged on top of it with Spun Sugar, Milled Lavender, Victorian Velvet, and a smidge of Fired Brick Distress ink. I then added a strip of the Cover a Card Screen (CC049) stamped onto cream paper using Victorian Velvet distress ink. To finish the card, I colored my image with Copic markers, cut out the cup, and popped it up onto the card on top of a pink ribbon. Finally, I stamped the saying (My Cup of Tea A5511) onto the bottom of the card.

Want to see more resolutions? Check out the work by Deborah, Dina, Jeanne, Jenny, and Julie. Want to play along? You can find all the contest details here. You could even win a $25 IO gift certificate?

2 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

I absolutely love this Laura! Love the colors, the image, everything! Oh, by the way, a little truffle every now and then is just fine! :-) Did you ever figure out your e-reader? I am intrigued by the concept but haven't done a ton of research yet.

Jenny Gropp said...

I agree with Miss Julie --- LOVE LOVE LOVE this card and I'm gonna have to do something similar with that background, it really shows it off so beautifully!!!