Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Life is a journey

I know, I know, I'm a bad blogger. Somehow the days without blogging have just slipped by. The good news is that by working hard to make Impression Obsession samples for CHA, I have quite a few cards to show over the next few weeks. All this week, the IO designers are posting sneak peeks of the new images. I am scheduled for Thursday. If you want to see what the other designers have been up to, be sure to stop by the IO blog. Shirley has compiled links to all of the card previews. You can find all of that info here.

For those of you who shop at Angela's, we placed an order (or should I say I placed an order) for the new IO stuff before CHA even started. I don't know when it will arrive, but the order is HUGE. We are getting all of the new backgrounds as well as a ton of wood, cling, and clear stamps. I can't wait for it to arrive! I told Marilynn and Harriett they would have to find room for all of it. I hope they are still speaking to me.

For today's card, I used stamps from Art Impressions. I colored the cloud and car stamps with water-based markers and stamped them onto white cardstock. Because the markers were water-based, I was able to go over the lines with a waterbrush and spread the color to create a watercolor look. I really like the saying. Here is a close up if you can't read it in the picture above:

For those of you who were in my Memory Box Halloween class last night, thanks for the good time. When you broke out into a group singing of "Any Way You Want It," it really made my night. You guys are great!

1 comment:

Elena said...

The coloring is beautiful, Laura!