Thursday, June 3, 2010

Beach Challenge

I always look forward to the Impression Obsession Challenges, but I have to admit that I am particularly excited to see what people will do with the current "beach" theme. I am such a beach junkie!

For my card, I decided to use the Hatteras Lighthouse (F1174) image. My family used to go to the Outer Banks all the time, and visiting Hatteras and the beach there was always on the agenda. My mom is a lighthouse aficionado, so I checked a picture of Hatteras to make sure I had the correct coloring. Believe me, she would know! To accent the card, I added a shell from the Hatteras beach. I love the blue shells you can find there.

I used three Cover a Card stamps to make the background, but only two showed up on the card. The light blue I used with the script really was just too light. Here is a close up of the background:
I used the Cover a Card Screen(CC049) and the Cover a Card Distressed Dots (CC046) with Colorbox Chalk Creamy Brown ink. For the Screen, I inked it then stamped it onto scrap paper before stamping it onto my card so that it would be lighter than the Distressed Dots stamped in the same color. I then stamped the Script (CC050) in Colorbox Chalk Ice Blue ink. If you squint, you MIGHT be able to see it. :) For the lighthouse, I stamped it onto 90lb watercolor paper with black Versafine ink and colored it with Twinkling H2O's and a waterbrush.

Want to see more beach cards? Check out the cards by Daniela, Dina, Jeanne, Jenny, Julie, and Kathy.

Want to play along? All the information can be found here, and you can even win a $25 IO gift certificate!

6 comments:

Katarina said...

Very classy. Love that stamp...

Jenny Gropp said...

Love it! the mixing of CAC backgrounds works beautifully here with this lighthouse. Your shell with the raffia is the perfect embellishment!

Anonymous said...

Great card! Well done, you! And yes, you colored Hatteras just right! :) Q

Shirley said...

The card is beautiful and the shell just really does it justice too!

Julie Koerber said...

this gives me just a peaceful easy feeling! Love the shell that you added! You are a lucky duck that you're not that far from the beach! :-)

Diana said...

Just lovely Laura!