Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Love/Spring Challenge and Sneak Peek

Want to see some sneak peek Impression Obsession images? The IO Design team challenge today was to create a love or spring themed card. I thought about playing with Valentine images, but the truth is I am ready for Spring and couldn't wait to color some of the new Alesa Baker flowers. To color the image I used Copic markers and my Copic airbrush system. I cut out the flowers using some Nestability dies and layered my pieces onto a notecard that I had stamped with the Cover A Card small dots background. I love how it looks like patterned paper. The new saying is great, but I think of it as saying, "After the [snow] showers...." Man, am I tired of winter!

Need further inspiration? Check out what Deborah, Jeanne, Jenny, Julie, and Kathy, created.

Want to make your own Love or Spring card? You have until Saturday at midnight to enter, and you could win a $25 gift certificate to IO! All the information can be found here.


6 comments:

Shirley said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Laura. You never disappoint~ A really lovely creation.

Deborah March said...

You've done this SO beautifully! I'm "colouring challenged," so I always appreciate perfection like this!

Julie Koerber said...

Wow Laura.. love this fresh and fun card! It just screams spring! ;-)

Suzanne C said...

LOVE the colors and how pretty this is! Beautiful card!

Jenny Gropp said...

Love this card -- I used the same image and sentiment with the same colors on a card the other day -- great minds think alike! Beautifully done!!!

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, stunning. The coloring is just perfect!!