Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Coloring Something Fast

I am always in the mood to color, but sometimes time doesn't allow for it. For today's card, I cut a lot of corners so that even though the image has a lot of places to color, it didn't take me that long.

First, I stamped the Flower Box 1 by Impression Obsession (E2397) onto white cardstock using black Versafine ink. I then colored only the outside edges of my flowers with Prismacolor pencils and softened the color into the centers of the flowers with a blending stump and some gamsol. There are places where it looks like I did some blending with multiple colors (check out the top right purple flower). Truth is, my blending stump was dirty, and I had some carry-over color. I decided I liked the look though. I colored all the centers of the flowers the same color so that I could do it quickly, but I did take the time to color individual small leaves with a chartreuse pencil (although I didn't worry about staying in the lines). For the rest of the greenery, I just grabbed four green pencils and colored lightly here and there to fill in the space. I didn't worry about staying in the lines, because that would have taken too long. To finish the card, added the Life is Sweeter (B6576) saying by Impression Obsession.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card! (Who can't use a quick coloring project?) I especially like the white background contrast to the colors you chose. You rock! Q

Diana said...

Simply elegant Laura! Love that colorful strip! Very nice!

Jennifer said...

Makes me want to get that stamp. I'm sure that surprises you!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful coloring. Love the bright strip of color.

Shirley said...

Wow, Laura, beautiful, beautiful card! You have been very busy, lady.