Monday, October 26, 2009

Okay, Okay...

I can take a hint. A person doesn't blog in a week and a half, and the phone calls and emails start to arrive. I guess it is time to post something.

Sorry I haven't shared anything on the Stamp Journal blog, but I have been working on a few classes rather than personal stamping or participating in challenges. I am almost done with my annual "10 in 10 Christmas" class, so I will be posting info about that soon.

In the mean time, I wanted to share a treat bag I made for Halloween. I was inspired by the eyeball border from the Impression Obsession "Which Witch" set (CL241). I knew it would be fun (and a little gross) to pair with some eyeball candies. The only problem was that once I designed the bag in my head, I couldn't find any eyeball candies. My good buddy Marilynn found some at Harris Teeter for me so that I could finish my project. Thanks Marilynn! Of course, I had to ask her, "Doesn't it creep you out that I brought plastic bags to your house to collect eyeballs?"

Here is a side view of the bag:


I used the Accu-Cut machine at Angela's Happy Stamper to make the bag, but if you don't have access to an Accu-Cut machine, it should be easy enough to fold a paper tent of your own and punch a window with a square punch. I stamped the eyeballs onto cream paper with black Memento ink and colored the irises with E53, B12, BV02, and YG11 Copic markers. I spelled out my saying with Technique Tuesday's Williamsburg font and glued all of my pieces down. I thought it was a fun project and different from the candy corn and "Happy Halloween" bags I usually do.

On an unrelated crafting note, I went to Great Country Farm's annual pumpkin glow to see the 1,500 lit jack o'lanterns. It was truly a fun thing to see, even though it was hard to photograph!



7 comments:

Pajalu said...

Love your eyeball candy bag :D. It's really unique & fun. Those pumkins looked fantastic as well.

Suzanne C said...

Love the treat bag with the eyes! Very clever and creepy! The pumpkin display is awesome! I can't even imagine lighting all of those up!

Anonymous said...

Love your bags! Nothing better than candy eyeballs for Halloween! Q

Anonymous said...

Soon as I saw this it made me laugh! This was worth waiting for.

GiftsByHeidi said...

What a cute/gross project with the eyes. The stamps are perfect with them. Love all the pumpkins, that sounds like it was fun!

Linda Beeson said...

What a cute project and I would so want to see all of those pumpkins. What a neat idea.

Shirley said...

Not only a fun card but some really great pictures too. TFS