Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th everyone! I hope you all have something fun planned for today. My day involves a BBQ, so I thought today's card captured my plans pretty well. to make the card, I cut out letters and stars using my Cricut and then added some stamps from Memory Box. I have found that using a black gel pen on the grill really makes it look like metal.

For those of you in the DC area, have you been to Artomatic yet? I am really sad because it closes on Sunday. Artomatic is 9 floors of art and performance spaces and is really something to see! I especially liked visiting the Peeps dioramas from the annual Washington Post contest they hold each Easter. Here are some of my favorites:

Thelma and Louise


The Terracotta warriors:


Chinatown...notice the roasted Peeps hanging in the window. Perfect!

Man, people are creative!

Have a very happy 4th!

2 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

My fav peep this year was the Caps hockey one (of course). So funny, it poked fun at the Pittsburgh Penguins and their star player Sidney Crosby. One of the peeps in the audience at the hockey game held a sign saying "Crosby's Crispy." Cracked me up!

Diana said...

Oh, how darling!