Monday, June 15, 2009

Sad Day

Today my friend Tricia lost her mom to pancreatic cancer. Trish and I have been friends for over 25 years, so I knew her mom Mary when I was an adolescent as well as an adult. Mary lived for her family and especially her kids. As a friend of one of her daughters, I received that love and kindness through extension. Yesterday was Mary's 40th anniversary, and I know in my heart she waited till today to pass.

I wanted to make a card for Tricia's dad to send my condolences. I realized that I was obsessing over the card and trying to make something that said the right thing and had the right image. I wanted to chose the right colors and layout as well as have it be masculine instead of floral. Then I realized that he isn't even going to notice what the card looks like and that I was being stupid. In any case, it comes from the heart.

To make the card, I brayered glossy paper with the Creole Spice Kaleidacolor pad. I then stamped a tree by Just For Fun and a saying by Impression Obsession using black Memories ink. I was having a hard time getting the saying to photograph so that you could read it. If you can't it says, " Wishing you hope in the midst of sorrow, comfort in the midst of pain." To finish the card, I added some black pearls.

6 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Sorry Laura.. The card is perfect and the thought will be appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I know Gary will appreciate it. Most of all, he'll appreciate your caring! LOL Q

GiftsByHeidi said...

It's perfect Laura! He will appreciate it. Sorry to hear about your friend's mother.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card and I think Trica's dad will take note of it. I know you put a lot of love into it.

Arlene said...

Beautiful card - he'll remember you sent something. It's so hard to know the right things to say. You've extended your condolances and are thinking of him.

Jenny Gropp said...

A Beautiful card.