I have to say, this week's Hero Arts challenge didn't go well for me. The idea was to use a background stamp in an unusual way. My first thought was to try paper bargello. If you don't know what that is, you can see some samples here. Yeah, mine didn't turn out so well. I think next time I need to cut smaller strips.
Next I tried the card that you see above. I stamped a HA background stamp onto watercolor paper using blue Versafine ink. I then colored it in with watercolor crayons and blended it with water and a paintbrush. The end result looked chalky, which I didn't expect. I like the painted background, but I wish I had done something a little more exciting with it. It was one of those techniques I stored away in my head to try again another day. So, the end result is that I completed the challenge, have a new technique to experiment with, and have a finished card to use. I guess it wasn't so bad after all.