Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cupcake Challenge #55

I decided I wanted to try the Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge this week, so here is my adaptation of the sketch.
I used some of my favorite cupcake stamps from Hero Arts as well as my brand new Basic Grey Marrakech paper. I just love that paper pack! The colors in the pack remind me of a caftan my mom bough in Morocco that was orange with dark blue accent pieces. It had beading on it that I tried to replicate by adding beads to the liquid applique that looked like sprinkles. I wish that I hadn't pressed the beads into the applique because applique puffed up in a strange way around the beads. However, I loved the sparkle the beads add the the card (which you can't see in the photo). I finished the card by adding a saying and some balloons by Hero Arts.

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

I love that sketch, I hope I have time to participate too. Great card, I can kind of see the sparkle if I click on the photo to enlarge it. Love the colors!