Sunday, October 5, 2008

Just Be Claws

For those of you who are bloggers, do you ever have trouble remembering what images you have posted? I made this card a while back, and I just can't remember if I posted it before or not. Yikes! Even if it is the first time posted, I know some of you saw it in August when I taught it as a Make and Take at Angela's Open House. I guess what I am trying to say is please bear with me if this is your third time seeing this card. :)

To make this card, I stamped the lobster (Gina K) with brown Memento ink and colored him with Copic markers. I only used one brown and one red to do the coloring. The bucket looks like several shades because I colored some areas more than once to make them darker. I punched out the lobster using an oval punch and added some real sand to the bottom using Diamond Glaze. I stamped the dots onto red paper and punched them out with an oval scallop punch. I don't know how much you can see from the picture, but I pierced holes around the layers of the card and added some clear gel pen to the lobster so that he is nice and shiny.

In other news, Angela has been posting like crazy on her blog while she is away at a trade show. One of the things she mentioned is that she knows of a stamp store in Rhode Island that burned down and is rebuilding. Angela is collecting card samples from people to help replace what they lost. After all, samples do sell stamps! If you have any samples you would like to contribute, please bring them to the store or send them to:

Angela's Happy Stamper
11411 Sunset Hills Rd.
Suite A
Reston, VA
20190

Angela is sending them out on Oct 10th, but I am sure if we get any late arrivals, we can send them along as well. Particular companies that would be helpful are AMuse, Hero Arts, Impression Obsession, and Memory Box. Basically, anything a retail store would purchase (no Stampin' Up). Who knows, maybe you have a spare card or two from all the World Card Making Day events that happened this weekend. I just thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

3 comments:

Elena said...

Laura - saw your tiara worthy card in the PaperCrafts magazine today. It was fantastic! Thanks for the tip about sample cards - I've got a few.

Arlene said...

I'll see if I can find some special stamped cards I can send back east as sample cards.

But my main reason was to tag you, yes a little tag'll do ya. Please visit me at http://arlenesbits.blogspot.com/ and see if you'd like to cotinue a tag or two or six. Just have fun with it. I needed a bit of a distration from my Sunday. This has worked out.

Jenn Biederman said...

Hey Laura! Love the Just Be-Claws card...too cute! And congrats on your copic markers certif! I would like to purchase some of those babies...just haven't justified it yet. They look like fun, though!

Deborah (aka Gigi_001) tagged me, so I've tagged you. If you come to my blog, you can join in the fun.

Jenn (scrapperjjb)