Friday, February 1, 2008

St. Pat's and Copic Markers

For today's card, I am posting an image I received from Impression Obsession. I stamped the margarita glass with Adirondack Pitch Black ink onto white cardstock. It is important to let the ink dry completely or to heat it with a heat gun before you color your image with markers. I then colored the St. Patrick's Day glass with various shades of Copic Markers. I really like the Ciao version of the Copics because it has a wonderful brush tip at one end. I outlined the outside of the glass with Cool Grey #1. This is probably my favorite color in that I use it in almost every card for shading. I finished the card with some gold gel pen for the pot of gold and a clear gel pen to cover the liquid in the glass. I thought it gave it a nice finished look, but it is hard to see it in my photo.

I picked up some fun St. Partick's Day ribbon at Angela's, but it was too stark white to put on a white card. I decided to try coloring it with the same green Copic marker I used to color my margarita. It worked wonderfully! The marker didn't cover up the shamrocks of the ribbon, it didn't come off when I touched it with my fingers, and it matched my image perfectly. I really am in love with my Copics! I don't know if the Copic markers will work with all ribbons, but it is sure worth a try. I attached a picture of my finished card as well as a close up of the ribbon before I had colored it.

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is too too cute!! I love how you thought to color the ribbon. You're right, it's exactly what it needed.