Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Elvis (and me)

Elvis and I share a common birthday, so I thought it would be appropriate to post a card dedicated to the king. For today's card, I stamped Elvis (Stampsmith) four times onto white cardstock using 4 colors of Versafine ink. If you don't own any Versafine ink pads, I highly recommend you get one to try...you won't regret it! Versafine pads don't come in a lot of colors, but they are great because they are formulated to pick up tiny little details in stamps. The Versafine ink was a perfect choice for this stamp since it has a lot of finely etched lines that make it look like a photograph. Regular stamp pads leave the Elvis image looking blurry, and you can't make out the details of his face. On another note, I have found that the Versafine pads are also fantastic to use with clear stamps. The ink works well with the clear images and is so easy to clean off your stamp when you are done. I finished the card with a saying from Viva Las Vegas Stamps. It may not come as a surprise, but Viva Las Vegas has a lot of Elvis images and sayings. Imagine that!

If you click on the card to make it bigger, you might notice some fine vertical lines on the card. They were due to my old scanner and not the image itself. I didn't want to blame the Stampsmith image! I hope you enjoyed the Elvis tribute...maybe next year I will do a David Bowie tribute. :)

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Happy Birthday! Great card. Hope you enjoyed your day today! Heidi