Tuesday, July 24, 2007

New Things Coming

It seems like I just started on the design team for Impression Obsession, but it is already time for a new "challenge" to be sent to me! (Insert happy new stamp dance here). The design team section will be on the IO webpage soon, so be sure to check out what everyone has created. In the meantime, I will get to play with some of their new clear sets. What fun!
For the card today, I once again used the faux batik technique. I stamped the leaves (don't remember the company) onto mulberry paper and embossed with clear powder. I spritzed the paper with various Colorwash sprays and then ironed the piece to remove the embossing powder. I then placed the mulberry over fall script text paper so that it would show through the leaves. You may have to click on the picture for a better view of the font that shows through. I finished by stamping a "splotch" stamp (Just for Fun) over the top with gold ink. Trust me, this is one of the best stamps for finishing a card!

2 comments:

Penny said...

Oooh, I love this Laura! Clever the way the words are peeking through the leaves.

stamp and scrape said...

This is so lovely - the colours are really rich. Thanks for sharing the method - a new one to try!
Ros