Friday, June 29, 2007

Bad Blogger

I have been so bad about blogging lately! I honestly don't want people to stop checking in because there is never anything new on my page.
So much has been on my mind lately that has taken precedent over doing any crafting/blogging. First and foremost, I have been thinking about my uncle who passed away this last week. It made me so sad and so scared to lose a member of my parent's generation. I am not going to be able to make the funeral in Ohio, so that adds to the sadness. I never enjoy making sympathy cards, but I guess that will have to be my next project.
I am also currently housesitting/dogsitting for two dogs....one of which likes to bark at me...and bark at me...and bark at me. I think it is starting to get better, but my already frayed nerves are starting to unravel a little more.
I am posting a card that is bright and cheery and will hopefully put me in a better mood. The flowers are by Art Impressions, the saying is by Hero Arts, and the "splatter" stamp is made by Just for Fun. I can't say enough great things about the splatter stamp. It fills everything in beautifully! I stamped the flowers onto a paint chip and colored them in using markers. I added a saying and then stamped gold splatters onto the card for a finishing touch. I will soon be posting new cards from Impression Obsession....so watch out for those!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, Sorry to hear about your uncle... and the barking dog! Lovely cards, glad to see you blogging again. Heidi

Anonymous said...

I was missing you and hoping that all was OK. Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Deedee