Sunday, October 2, 2022

More with the October Red Rubber Kit


                                     Welcome to the October Limited Edition Kit Blog Hop!
 
October 1st & 2nd the Impression Obsession Team will be sharing new projects with the NEW October Release stamps, dies, stencils and paper packs! You can find a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog each day.
 
We will be giving away TWO Impression Obsession Grab Bags for the event, so the more you comment through our Kit Release Celebration the more chances to win!
 
All comments for each of the event days will be open until Friday October 7th at 8pm CT
All winners will be announced on Saturday October 9th on the Impression Obsession Blog.
 
Here is a list of today's participating designers:


IO Stamps Blog

Angela Bode

Anna Wight

Dina Kowal

Giovana Smith

Jeanne Streiff

Laura Fulcher

Greetings friends. Today I thought I would share two cards using the rest of the images in the October cling kit. I hoped that having a sample with each of the stamps would be helpful. For both cards, I only used the new stamps. I didn't add any extra dies or patterned paper.

Here is a reminder of what comes in the October Kit:

For the first card, I decided that rather than coloring the cornucopia and leaves, I would sponge some autumn colored chalks onto my cream cardstock and let that act as the color for the card. I then stamped the images in top on black. It made for a really quick and easy card that can be mass produced.

For the second card, I masked off the card so that I could sponge Distress Ink in the open area and stamp my leaves and sentiment on top. Technically, when I removed the masks I was left with a one layer card, but I added some metallic bronze washi tape to the top and bottom. I'm not sure if the washi tape counts as a second layer.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have you started making fall cards yet?

Impression Obsession Items Used:

October Limited Edition Red Rubber KIT1022



10 comments:

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love your inky rustic backgrounds! Great fall cards!

Geri S said...

Great ink blending idea for fall! Love the leaves most - don't know why they just fit my mood today. Thanks!

Talitha said...

These cards with their golden hue are so pretty. Thanks.

Chrisi said...

Such beautiful backgrounds! Makes the stamps pop

Mary Holshouser said...

The shading of these cards is
fantastic. Love the vintage
look. thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Barb K said...

The shabby/vintage look is great - nice cards

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful clean and simple fall cards. Love them!

Becca Yahrling said...

So very pretty.

Carol Wortman said...

I need to copy that background...period! LOVE IT! Gorgeous!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful fall colors on these pretty cards!