Monday, August 1, 2022

New Red Rubber Kit

 
                            Welcome to the August Limited Edition Red Rubber Kit Blog Hop!
 
August 1st & 2nd the Impression Obsession Team will be sharing new projects with the NEW August Limited Edition Red Rubber Kit You can find a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog each day through the event.
 
We will be giving away TWO Impression Obsession $25 gift certificates for the event so the more you comment through our August Kit Hop the more chances to win!
 
All comments for each of the event days will be open until Tuesday August 9th at 8pm CT
 
All winners will be announced on Wednesday August 10th on the Impression Obsession Blog. Good luck! Here is a list of today's participating designers:
 

 

Greetings friends. The new August Limited Edition Red Rubber kit is all about holiday greenery, so it is just about as practical as you can get! Here is a look at all of the stamps you get in the kit:

 

For my card today, I used some of the greenery and season's greetings sentiment. I wanted to leave the berries mostly white, but I thought they needed a touch of color so that they wouldn't look flat. Here is a close up of the leaves and background:

You can see in the picture that I added just a smidge of yellow Copic markers to the berries for interest.

To create the background, I started with black cardstock and randomly painted it with metallic watercolor paints. It was regular cardstock, so I made sure not to add too much water to the paint. Also, if you use less water with metallic watercolor paints, you will be able to see the metallic effects much clearer.

For each of the branches, I stamped them with black Memento ink and then colored them with Copic markers that would coordinate somewhat with the paints in the background. I didn't want to cut out the center blank areas of the branches (too hard), so I colored them with a Warm Grey Copic marker to tone them down a bit.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you will visit me again tomorrow!

Impression Obsession Items Used:

Limited Edition August Red Rubber Kit RRKIT0822

11 comments:

Becky Green said...

Laura, you did a LOVELY JOB on your card! I LOVE the metallic paint on the background! (I understand about those intricate cutting areas! Try using an X-Acto Knife!) ;) A BEAUTIFUL JOB! ( I DO LOVE this set!) ;)<3

Carol Wortman said...

I remember my aunt loved to hang greenery everywhere she could at Christmas time and for months after they were put away we would see those little berries everywhere. She had a jar on the mantle for us to put them in so when she pulled out that greenery next year she'd glue them all back on. Great memory.

Anonymous said...

Love this card!

Becca Yahrling said...

What a striking and beautiful card. And really unique. I love the gorgeous BG you created, which goes perfectly with the leaves.

V. K. said...

Beautiful background and I love that color green. So pretty.

sharon g said...

WOW, the green and white are so different and pretty. GREAT idea to go with these colors...

MadeByMeghanK said...

Gorgeous in green! LOVE the unique color combo!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh how beautiful with that gorgeous green! I love how dramatic your card looks.

Denise Bryant said...

So pretty! I love the greenery and berries!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Thank you for discussing your process! Lovely card.

Vivian C. said...

Cool card, awesome background. The background and the greenery play so nicely together.