Monday, February 28, 2022

IO- Old is New

 

Sometimes we get so busy with new released stamps that we forget about our old favorites. The Impression Obsession team has set aside a day this month to share some new projects using some great older stamps. You can see the list of today’s participants on the Impression Obsession Blog

Greetings friends. I want to share two cards with older stamps with you.

For the first card, I stamped my flowerpot onto kraft cardstock with black Impression Obsession ink using my MISTI stamp positioner. I colored the flowers and pot with Prismacolor pencils and then placed the kraft cardstock back into my stamp positioner to re-stamp my flowerpot in black ink. Restamping the image really gives you a dark outline, but it takes a bit of time to dry since you are stamping onto a waxy, colored pencil surface.

To finish my card, I added a sentiment that I often use when I don't know what to say and layered everything onto a green notecard I had stamped with a herringbone design.

 

 

The second card is a good one to use for the upcoming warm weather. I stamped my chairs in black Memento ink and then colored them with yellow and orange Copic markers. I then masked my yellow/orange chairs and stamped the sky in blue and the ground in green. To fill in areas, I sponged some blue chalk into the sky and some green chalk onto the ground. I also added a bit of green colored pencil to the grass tufts so that they would stand out a bit more.

Don't forget, there is a huge sale going on at Impression Obsession in case there is something you had your eye on:



Impression Obsession Items Used:

Flower Pot Card
 
 
Escape Card
E21380  Chairs

 


 

No comments: