Monday, August 31, 2020

Impression Obsession- Diecut Obsession

 

Greetings friends. Today the IO designers are celebrating dies, so I thought I would share a couple with you.  Thee first is the fortune cookie die and the second is the pinked edge frame.

I love the fortune cookie die!  I think it is such a fun way to deliver a message.  You could use the fortunes stamp set, or you could personalize the message any way you want.  I cut out my fortune cookie using kraft cardstock and then stamped on top of it with the fortune cookie stamp from the Fortunes clear stamp set.  I thought it looked a bit too plain, so I shaded it a bit with a brown and a yellow color pencil.  the good new is the fortune cookie has cross hatch lines on it that help you figure out what to color.

Next, I layered my cookie onto the Pinked Edge Frame.  This is a fantastic die to use because it adds a bit of interest and design to the card without detracting from whatever you are trying to frame.

To finish the card, I made my own background paper.  I stamped the Diagonal Weave die onto cream cardstock using Versamark ink.  I then embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I liked the glossy look and raised dimension of the embossed background a lot.

Impression Obsession Items Used:

Fortunes CL1043

Fortune Cookie DIE1014-C

Pinked Edge Frame DIE931-Y

Diagonal Weave CC174

1 comment:

TLady said...

VERY CUTE, Laura!!! ;)<3