Thursday, June 4, 2020

IO Challenge- On the Farm


Greetings friends.  The latest IO challenge is called "On the Farm."  If you would like to read more about the challenge, learn about how you can join, and see a list of participating designers, you can find everything over on the Impression Obsession Blog.


Once I saw the theme of the latest challenge, I immediately knew I wanted to use the Animal Stack Silhouette.  I think it is hilarious.  The four animals are already stacked together, so you don't have to line them up yourself.  I have seen the image paired with sentiments about group strength (which is fantastic), but I knew I wanted to pair it with something silly.  I chose one of the sentiments from a clear stamp set called "Mondays." It has a lot of humorous sentiments that I have used on other cards.  It is fair to say it is a favorite.

To make the card, I used a circle mask to color a yellow sun (Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide) and blue sky (Salty Ocean).  I used Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink for the ground and added my animals and sentiment onto the card with black Versafine ink.  Quick, easy, and it made me laugh.  Those are my favorite things in a card.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you join our challenge.


Impression Obsession Items Used:
Animal Stack Silhouette F13853
Mondays clear stamp set CL1030

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Thanks for the smile!

TLady said...

Laura, I should have waited to make my order, till today! LOL I ordered this stack of animals, but I didn't get this sentiment set! SO FUNNY! It's PERFECT with this stamp! NEXT ORDER....! LOL A SUPER JOB!!! ;)<3

Susan said...

Love the word stamp! That could fit so many cards.