Thursday, August 8, 2019

IO Challenge- Moody Blues (Blue Cards)


Greetings friends.  Today is all about celebrating the color blue.  It might be hot outside, but I decided to go with a winter card.


For my card today, I made my own stripes by using Eclipse masking tape and creating diagonal lines.  I then sponged an assortment of Distress Oxide inks in the open areas to make the stripes.  Hint... add a lot of color with a sponge so that the ink smooths out and looks like printed paper.  I really like the look of a one layer card, so I really appreciate giving the impression of layers of paper, even though there aren't any.

Next, I added snowflakes and a sentiment from one of the newest clear stamp sets.  I used blue versafine ink and then colored in parts of the sentiment with a blue colored pencils.  As a final touch, I added rhinestones to the center of snowflakes.

Want to see more blue card ideas?  Visit the Impression Obsession blog for a list of all the participating design team members.

Impression Obsession Items Used:
Snowflake Sparkle CL972

3 comments:

Helen said...

So lovely, Laura. Your diagonal strip design adds so much to the snow theme. tfs

TLady said...

WOW, LAURA!!! LOVE those stripes!!! AND the delicate snowflakes look SO LOVELY on this!!! ;)<3

Karen @ Misplaced Mojo said...

Great CAS card!!!