Thursday, July 11, 2019

IO Challenge- Things that Fly



Greetings friends!  Today it is time for another challenge.  This time the theme is "Things that Fly."  I have a feeling that a lot of the designers are going to use the new Spaceship die, because let's face it, it is super-cute!

To make my card, I made a galaxy background with some glossy paper and some dye ink reinkers.  After I covered the glossy cardstock with colored inks, I covered most of it with black ink so that just a little bit of the colors peeked through.

For the spaceship, I cut it out of silver metallic cardstock and added a watercolored strip for the body of the ship.  Here is a closeup of the ship and the watercolor paper I had made:


The paper is 140lb watercolor paper painted with various watercolor paints including white and metallic gold paint.  I thought it gave the look of marbling.

It is hard to tell from the picture, but I added a piece of acetate over the alien so that it looked like an enclosed bubble surrounding the alien. 

To finish the card, I added some stars, an alien colored with Copic markers, an engine ignition colored with Copic markers and a die cut sentiment.  The sentiment actually says "season's greetings," but I cut off the "season's" part of the sentiment.

Don't forget to visit the Impression Obsession blog to see a list of all the participating designers.


Impression Obsession Items Used:
Spaceship DIE833-V 
Planets (star dies) DIE829-E
Alien  DIE816-C
Holiday Bottom Word Edgers  DIE233-M 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Reminds me of Roswell!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super cute space design and that alien is a cutie!