Thursday, December 20, 2018

IO Challenge- Holiday Greetings (Any Holiday)


Greetings friends.  It is time for another IO challenge.  This time the theme is holidays....any holiday.  For my card today, I made a holiday card for a very specific friend who LOVES holiday Hallmark movies.  She gets so excited anticipating them each year.  You could just as easily swap out the sentiment for another holiday greeting, but I was thrilled I could make a card just for my friend.


To make the card, I started with a blue notecard and embossed the Cover a Card Snowflakes in silver powder for my background.  This is a really good generic background for holiday or winter cards.

Next, I added a white strip of cardstock and stamped my Hot Cocoa sentiment onto top with black ink.  The curve of the hill I cut freehand and then added some Stickles for sparkle.

For the house, I stamped the Gingerbread Cottage onto 140lb watercolor paper, colored it with Zig Clean Color Brush markers and a waterbrush, cut out the image and then popped it up on my card.

Impression Obsession Items Used:
Cover a Card Snowflakes CC066
Hot Cocoa C19883
Gingerbread Cottage E19885

Don't forget to visit the Impression Obsession blog today to see the list of all the designers participating in the challenge and to read more about how you can join the challenge too!

Impression Obsession Blog

3 comments:

aki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So beautiful!

Karen Dunbrook said...

really adorable card.
:) Karen