Thursday, October 18, 2018

IO Challenge- Happy Haunting


Greetings friends.  Today I wanted to share a  Halloween card that I colored with  IO Halloween images, some Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a waterbrush.

For my card, I created a background starting with white cardstock and then stamping the Medallion Cover a Card Background on top using grey Versafine ink and then stamped the Flourish 2 pattern on top with black ink.  The funny thing about that stamp is that I often use it for Halloween cards as well as wedding cards.  Who knew you could own a Halloween/Wedding stamp?

To layer on top of my background, I added my Boxkin pumpkin onto some 140lb watercolor paper, colored it with my Zig pens and then blended everything with a waterbrush.  I let the purple paint drip to the bottom to "ground" the image and to give it more of a Halloween feel. 


Impression Obsession Items Used in the Cards:
Medallion Cover a Card CC032
Flourish 2 H5575
Boxkin D19849

Don't forget to visit the Impression Obsession Blog to see the links of participating designers and to read more about this current challenge.



2 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fabulous idea!

Karen @ Misplaced Mojo said...

LOL, Halloween/Wedding stamp! It most certainly is!!! I also think the IO CAC Sketched Roses could fall in that category if you embossed it and painted it black! I have a couple big, rubber,silhouette images of bare trees with lots of birds in them (similar to CAC Birds on Trees) that would work for Halloween, Sympathy, or just Thinking of You cards. I love how versatile they are! It all depends on the background!!! I really love your layered background. Looks like patterned paper!