Thursday, June 21, 2018

IO Challenge- I Sea You


Greetings friends!  Today's IO challenge theme is the sea, which seems very appropriate for this time of year.  I grew up around the beach, and I definitely miss going often. 

Today's card is really, really easy to make and reproduce.  If you wanted to have a Summer all-occasion card to have on hand, this one works well.

The entire landscape is one stamp called Seagull Shadows.  You don't have to build the scene yourself.

Step one is to place cream cardstock into a stamp positioner and stamp with black ink.  It doesn't have to be perfect stamping because the lines are mainly there as a guide.  You will be restamping the lines as a final step to the card:


Next, you will need some chalks.  I used PanPastels.  I love how well they blend with each other and the fact that they are erasable if you make a mistake:


Color the scene with your chalks.  I used the darker blue for the ocean, the turquoise for the sky, and the brown and yellow for the sand.  Don't worry about coloring over any of the lines.  Once you finish adding your chalk, put the cardstock back in to the stamp positioner and restamp the image with black ink:


In the picture above, the top cardstock is one that has chalk covering up all the birds.  You lose some of the definition.  The bottom picture is where I restamped the scene.  You can see the lines so much better.  The sand looks different in the two pictures because in one I used more yellow chalk ink than the other.

That's it!  So easy.  Use the card for a general hello, a Summer birthday, whatever....  I want to try this same card with a sunrise at the top.

Items Used on the Card:


Stamps:
Impression Obsession SeagullShadows J16392

Ink:

PanPastels:

Don't forget to visit the other designers for more "sea" inspiration, and I encourage everyone to play along with this challenge too!

No comments: